विषय - सूची
- JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria – Age limit, Qualifying Marks & Droppers Criteria
- JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria for qualifying examination
- General FAQ’s On JEE Main Eligibility Criteria-
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria – Age limit, Qualifying Marks & Droppers Criteria
JEE(Joint Entrance Exam) is the exam conducted by National Testing Agency for admission across various engineering colleges of India. Through this exam students can take admission in various courses like Bachelor of Technology, Bachelor of architecture and planning.
There are various eligibility criteria for this exam. The student who satisfies this criteria will only be allowed to sit in this examination. The students are required to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. If the student does not satisfy this criteria will not be allowed to sit in the examination. The complete eligibility criteria is given in this article.
1. Qualifying exam- The candidate must have passed class 12 in 2018 or 2019. The candidates pursuing class 12th in 2020 are also eligible for the exam.
2. Age limit- In the JEE mains exam there is no age limit for any of the candidates. The student of any age can apply for the exam irrespective of their category. But the candidate must have passed the qualifying exam in 2018 or 2019.
3. Number of attempts- A candidate can appear for jee main exam 3 times and for the advance exam only 2 time. According to the eligibility criteria the candidate can appear of jee mains in the year he has appeared for the class 12th exam and 2 years after the exam.
For better understanding take a case when a student has appeared for class 12th exam in 2018. The the possible cases are
- In 2018, he can appear for both jee main and advanced.
- In 2019, he can appear for the both the exams this year also.
- In 2020, he can only appear for the JEE main exam, even if he qualifies for the advance exam he is not eligible to sit in that exam.
4. Qualifying exam subjects- The candidate should pass the qualifying exam with the subjects given below to be eligible for admission in institute like NIT, IIIT and GFTI.
- For admission in B.E./B.Tech course-Physics, Mathematics and any one from (chemistry, biology, biotechnology, Technical vocational subjects)
- For admission in B.Arch course-Mathematics, physics and chemistry.
- For admission in B planning course-Mathematics
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria for qualifying examination
Candidate must have passed the following exams to be eligible to give the JEE main 2020 exam. The exams are-
- Class 12th or equivalent conducted by any of the recognised central or state board such as CBSE, ICSE, RBSE etc.
- Intermediate or pre degree course exam or pre university course conducted by any of the recognised board or university.
- H.S.C- vocational examination
- The final examination of two year course of the joint services wing of the NDA(National Defence Academy).
- Diploma course of 3 or more years recognised by AICTE or SBTE.
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS Board) conducted senior secondary exam with a minimum 5 subjects.
- For admission in Indian Institute of Technology, General Certificate Education (GCE) exam at advanced level (London/Sri Lanka/Cambridge).
- Association of Indian Universities(AIU) recognised school/board/university in any foreign country as well as India.
JEE Mains Eligibility criteria for admission in Central Funded Institutes
The top colleges which accepts the JEE main scores for admission in their undergraduate courses. These institutions gets their funding by the central government of India. These institutions are National Institute of Technology (NIT), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) and Government Funded Technological Institute (GFTI). The Eligibility criteria for admission in these institutions are given below-
- Admission in B.Tech Courses- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 75% in their class 12th or qualifying examination. Or the students marks should come under the top 20 percentile in the board he has appeared for the qualifying examination. For SC/ST students must have a scored 65% aggregate to be eligible for admission.
- Admission in B.Arch Courses- Candidates must have passed the class 12th or equivalent exam from any central or state recognised board with an aggregate of minimum 50% marks to be eligible for admission in these institutions.
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria – Improvement Exam
- Improvement for all subjects- If a candidate appears for improvement from open board for all the subjects in the year 2020. Then in the JEE examination the highest of both the scores will be considered.
- Improvement in or more subjects- If the candidate appears for improvement in some subjects in 2020 then the highest of both the marks from both the years will be considered for the JEE main exam 2020. But the score will be considered from the top 20 percentile of previous year.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria – For Droppers
- There is no age limit for the JEE main examination
- For admission in NIT, IIIT, IIT and GFTI the candidate must have a score of 75% in class 12 or any other qualifying exam. There is a relaxation of 10% for reserved category students. That means the students from SC/ST/PwD category must score 65% to be eligible to take admission in any of the above mentioned colleges.
- Other option is to be in top 20 percentile of the respective board from which the students have appeared for class 12th.
- The 75% is aggregate of marks from all the subjects which the candidate has appeared for class 12th. There is no particular cutoff for physics, mathematics etc.
- The candidate must have passed class 12th in the year 2018 or 2019. Because only 3 consecutive attempts for JEE main are allowed.
- The candidate must have passed the class 12th exam with atleast 5 subjects out of which 2 must be Physics and Mathematics.
General FAQ’s On JEE Main Eligibility Criteria-
I have scored 66% marks in class 12th am I eligible for admission in central funded Institute if my score is in top 20 percentile?
Ans. Yes according to the Eligiblity criteria for JEE mains exam the students should have a score of aggregate 75% in qualifying exam or his score should lie in the top 20 percentile of the board from which he has given the class 12th exam. So you are eligible for admission through your jee mains marks.
I have given my class 12th in 2018 but gave improvement in 2019 then what will be my 12th passing year?
Ans. Your 12th passing year as considered by JEE and should be filled in the application form the original year in which you appeared for the first time in the class 12th examination.
What score to be filled in JEE main form after improvement exam?
Ans. After improvement examination the highest marks from both the years must be filled in the JEE mains application form and that only will be considered for the admission Eligiblity through JEE mains score.
I have 75% aggregate in 3 subjects but my aggregate of 5 subjects is less than 75% am I eligible for admission?
Ans. No you are not eligible for admission with your jee mains score because JEE requires the aggregate score of atleast 5 subjects to be 75% for admission. So according to this you are not eligible.
If I have passed my class 12th in 2017 but not appeared for JEE main from last 2 years, will I be eligible for exam considering that it will be my second attempt.
Ans. No you will not be eligible for admission because JEE only allows three consecutive attempts for JEE mains and that are counted from the year in which you have attempted for the class 12th examination.
Can I give JEE main exam if my score is less than 75% in class 12th ?
Ans. Yes definitely you can give the JEE main examination even if your score is less than 75% in class 12th. This eligibility is only for admission in any of the NIT, IIIT or GFTI and not for the examination itself.