List of Topics
JEE Main 2020 Notification – Exam Dates, Exam Pattern and More
National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the JEE Main 2020 notification on 20th August on official NTA website.
Schedule for JEE Mains 2020
|Events||January Exam||April Exam|
|Release of notification||20th August 2019||20th August 2019|
|Start of Registration for JEE Main 2020||2nd September 2019||2nd week of February 2020|
|End of Registration||31st September 2019||2nd – 3rd week of March 2020|
|JEE Main Form Correction||1st week of October 2019||2nd week of March 2020|
|Admit Card for JEE Mains 2020||2nd week of December 2019||3rd -4th week of March 2020|
|JEE Mains 2020 Exam Date||1st – 2nd week of January 2020||1st – 2nd week of April 2020|
|Total Slots||8 Slots||8 Slots|
JEE Main 2020 Notification Contents
The JEE main notification will contain all the important information regarding the upcoming JEE mains exam. The data in it will be applicable on both the January and April Sessions of the exam.
• About JEE mains 2020- It will contain all details regarding the exam like, introduction, scheme of examination, type of examination etc.
• Important Dates- It will contain all the details like registration start & end date, correction date, exam date etc.
• Eligibility- It is one of the most important consideration for a student filling the JEE mains form. It will contain details regarding age, minimum marks, qualification, number of attempts etc.
• Syllabus- It will contain the complete syllabus details for all the subjects of both the paper 1 and 2 of the exam.
• Admission- the notification will contain the details for admission in IIT’S, NIT’S and GFTI’S through JEE mains score. It will also contain the eligibility for admission in these institutes.
• Number of seats- It will contain the list of total number of seats available for admission in different colleges and also the reservation percentage.
• Counselling Details- Details about the seat allocation process, dates, procedure etc.
• Guidelines- General Guidelines related to the code of conduct of the paper and format of the paper, how to attempt the paper etc. details.
• Slot timings- It will also contain the timing details of both the slots for the JEE Mains 2020 exam.
Changes in JEE Mains Notification 2020
• A valid Aadhar Card is mandatory to apply for JEE Mains exam. Without this document no student can apply for JEE Mains 2020.
• Class 12th marks will not be considered for AIR calculation. The ranking will be done solely on the basis of JEE Mains marks.
• There will only be a computer based test (CBT) for JEE mains 2020. No offline exam will be conducted.
• To get admission in central government run institute i.e., IIT, NIT & GFTI a student must score 75% aggregate in 12th for general and OBC category. And 65% aggregate for SC/ST category.
Important Points from Notification
• Candidates can apply for JEE mains only through online mode by visiting the JEE Mains website. So candidate should note that there will be no offline form available this year.
• Valid Aadhar Card is a must required document. And all the details on Aadhar card should match with the details filled in the form by the candidate.
• Eligibility criteria should be kept in mind before applying for admission through JEE mains marks.
• Aadhar card is made mandatory to reduce the complexity in verifying different documents. This provision is not applicable for students from Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir.
Application Form 2020 Guide
The date of release of application forms is most likely to be 2nd of September. The JEE Mains application forms can be found on the official NTA website and can be filled from mobile as well as computer.
Since this year online mode of application is available so to ease the work of candidates we have prepared a step by step guide to fill the JEE Mains 2020 application form.
Registration- In this step, the candidate has to fill his basic information such as Name, Date of Birth and Gender. He is required to fill the state of eligibility i.e. which state is the candidate belongs from. Candidates also need to select identification type and Identification ID. The identification documents can be Aadhar Card, driving license, pan card or any other photo identity proof issued by Government Of India. This year Aadhar Card is a mandatory ID proof for JEE Main registration.
- Application Form- The candidate is required to select the paper he wants to appear in between JEE Mains Paper 1 for B.Tech or JEE Mains Paper 2 for B.Arch. Personal details like email Id, mobile number is required to be filled in this section.
Also, the academic details are needed to be filled in this section. A password is needed to be set by the candidate so that he can only access the details in his JEE Mains form. It is stronger recommended to remember the password set as it will be used pretty often.
- Documents- The candidate is required to upload his photograph and signature in a scanned copy of the specifications mention by the NTA. We have made a table of specifications for photograph and signature. All the images should be in JPG/JPEG format.
And please make sure they are clear and nicely visible also 70% of the photograph should be covered by face. Don’t wear sunglasses, hats, mask, etc. in the photograph because it could lead to rejection of the photograph. And signature should be done on white paper with a blue or black pen and should be scanned properly.
|Photograph||3.5 cm×4.5 cm||10 kb to 200 kb||Jpeg|
|Signature||3.5 cm×1.5 cm||4 kb to 30 kb||Jpeg|
- Fee Payment- The candidates are required to fill the application fees in order to complete their registration procedure. The payment can be done in Offline as well as Online Modes. For offline mode, e-challan should be issued and this can be done by depositing fees in any State Bank Of India (SBI) branch. And for online fee payment net banking, credit cards and debit cards can be used.
|Paper Type||Fee for General/OBC||The fee of SC/ST/PwD||Payment Mode|
|Paper 1 (B.Tech) OR Paper 2 (B.Arch)||Boys- ₹500 Girls- ₹250||Boys- ₹250 Girls- ₹250||Both online and offline|
|Both Paper 1 and Paper 2||Boys- ₹900 Girls- ₹450||Boys- ₹450 Girls- ₹450||Both online and offline|
- Acknowledgment Slip- After completing all these steps the student can download the acknowledgment slip for future reference and as a proof of filing of the form.
JEE Mains Exam Pattern
The JEE Mains exam pattern has been consistent for the last few years. But previously the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) used to conduct the JEE Mains exam but now National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting the exam. The paper 1 ,the paper for B.Tech candidate is as follows-
- The total number of questions asked are 90.
- There will be three sections namely physics, chemistry and mathematics covering 30 questions each.
- The maximum marks are 360.
- Each question is awarded 4 marks for correct answer and minus 1 for incorrect answers.
- There is a total of 3 hours to complete the paper.
- The paper will be Computer Based.
General FAQ about JEE Main Exam –
Q1. What is the fees for male candidates for paper 1?
Ans. The fees is divided category wise, the fees for general/OBC category male candidate is ₹500. And for SC/ST/PwD category is ₹250.
Q2. Will there be offline test for JEE Mains?
Ans. No there will only be Computer Based Test (CBT) in all the JEE Mains and advanced exams. This was started from last year only, NTA declared that there would only be CBT.
Q3. How many test centre choices can we fill in JEE Mains form?
Ans. A candidate can fill up 4 choices of exam centre. The test centre would be allocated priority wise i.e. if first priority will be given to first selected centre.
Q4. Can I appear in both January and April session of JEE Mains?
Ans. Yes a candidate can appear for both the sessions of JEE Mains exam. But they need to do separate registration for both.
Q5. Can I pay the fees offline?
Ans. Yes a student can pay the JEE Mains registration fees offline by submitting an e-challan to the nearest state bank of India (SBI) branch.
Q6. What are the specifications of photo and signature to be uploaded?
|Photograph||3.5 cm×4.5 cm||10 kb to 200 kb|
|Signature||3.5 cm×1.5 cm||4 kb to 30 kb|
Q7. How can I make corrections in my JEE Main application form?
Ans. After the Registration process is over NTA will open a portal through which candidates can make corrections in their form. This is generally done in first week of October.
Q8. Can I change my exam centre preference during correction of form?
Ans. No a candidate can change anything other than exam centre preference during the correction period.
Q9. I am in class 12th currently can I give JEE Mains?
Ans. Yes a student who is currently studying in class 12th can appear for both the sessions of JEE Main 2020.
Q10. What percentage do I need in class 12th to take admission in IIT’S, NIT’S and GFTI’S?
Ans. General/OBC category students need to score an aggregate of 75% in class 12th. While for SC/ST category students they have to score an aggregate of 65% else they will not get admission in any of central government run institute.
Q11. How to apply for a seat in IIT’s, NIT’s and GFTI’s through JEE Mains marks?
Ans. Once all the results of JEE Mains and advanced are announced and central level counseling is held for admission of students in IIT’s, NIT’s and GFTI’S based on there JEE score. The counselling is held by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). In this counseling all institutions which are run by the central government take part.
To take part in this counseling the students have to register separately. And the students would need to make a list of colleges and branches they want to take admission in. The allocation process is based on the choice of colleges of the applicant.
If a student does not get any seat in JoSAA or wants to change the college or branch he can take part in CSAB special round counseling. Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) conducts a special round in which admission is given on the seats which are left vacant after completion of JoSAA counseling.
Q12. Which documents should I carry to exam centre?
Ans. The candidate should make sure that he does not forget to take any important document to the exam center. If he forgets to do so he can be terminated from the exam.
The documents to be carried to exam center are- admit card, any government authorized identity card like Aadhar card, driving license, PAN card, etc. and a passport size photograph.
The student should make sure he does not take any prohibited items like mobile, chits, electronics devices, etc.