विषय - सूची
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus with Weightage for Paper 1 & Paper 2
Syllabus for joint entrance exam main is very vast. It covers almost every topics from all of the 3 subjects. The preparation of the paper should be done while keeping in mind the weight of various topics according to the previous year papers. We have created a complete overview of the JEE main syllabus 2020 for all the 3 papers in the JEE main paper.
This also includes the weightage of various important topics and also the strategy to study this topics. These topics can help a student to score high in the JEE main 2020 paper. The preparation should be done in order of the weightage of topics so as no important topic is left in the preparation.
JEE Mains 2020 Mathematics Syllabus for B.Tech(Paper 1)
It is one of the most important of the 3 parts of the JEE main paper. This section decides the top ranks. Because this section is totally based on skills and nothing theory based is present in this section. Many Higher order skill questions are also asked from these section. But if your practice and concepts are strong you can easily get away with this section.
The questions should be attempted with short tricks to reduce the time. Some of the questions are easy from this section. Many teachers as well as toppers think in this section you can get full marks. The JEE mains 2020 syllabus for mathematics is given below. You should focus on topics with higher weightage, because this can fetch you pretty good marks.
MATHS Syllabus for JEE Main Maths 2020
- Sets, Relations, Functions
- Complex Number and Quadratic Equations
- Matrices & Determinants
- Permutation & Combination
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequencers & Series
- Limit, Continuity & Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Coordinate Geometry
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics & Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
JEE 2020 MATHS topics with higher weightage are
- Coordinate Geometry- it is a hard but scoring part concepts should be applied correctly in this section. There are almost 3-4 questions per year from this topic in every year JEE main paper.
- Complex Number- It is a easy part of the paper and has a good weightage. The topic is quite big but the question from this topic are not very hard. You can expect 2 questions from this section. The complex number part should be clear as it helps in several other units also.
- Calculus- It is the most important part from the paper point of view. It contains topics like differentiation, integration, limits, etc. This topic is of mediocre level, but practice is must to crack this section and short tricks should also be used. There are almost 6-7 questions from this topic.
- Trigonometry- It is not asked directly in the paper sometimes. But it is helpful in solving other questions like that of integration, limits etc. If asked directly students can expect 1-2 questions from this part. But overall this topic is easy and important.
- Sequence and series- this topic sets some good level of questions in the paper. As this topic is quite large containing topic like AP, GP and HP. The students can expect 3-4 questions from this topic.
JEE 2020 Physics SYLLABUS
Physics in the JEE main syllabus 2020 contains almost ever aspect such as electricity, magnetism, communication, optics, harmonics, etc. This part of the paper contains both numerical as well as conceptual questions. The students should remember the formulas, because without formula it is not possible to solve numerical questions of physics.
Syllabus for JEE Main Physics 2020
- Physics and measurement
- Rotational motion
- Laws of motion
- Oscillations and waves
- Electronic devices
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Current electricity
- Work, energy and power
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Properties of solids and liquids, etc.
JEE MAIN 2020 PHYSICS topics with higher weightage are
- Optics- this unit has a considerable weightage in the physics section of the paper. You can score in this unit as both theoretical as well as numerical questions are asked. But sometimes very high level questions are also asked from this unit and it requires a deep and good conceptual knowledge to solve them. You can expect 4-5 questions from this section.
- Heat and Thermodynamics- This unit is considered an easy part of the JEE main paper the scoring in this unit can be done with ease. As the numerical questions are also not very hard and the weightage is also considerably good.
- Electrodynamics and Electrostatics- They combined forms the largest part of the whole JEE physics syllabus. And questions from this topic are almost numericals. And to solve these questions good knowledge about topics like potential, charge etc., is required.
- Modern Physics- It is an easy part and mostly theoretical questions are asked from this section.
JEE MAIN 2020 Chemistry SYLLABUS
It is the easiest part of the whole paper. The candidate should try to attempt this section in least possible time. This can improve the overall score by a lot. The questions are mostly conceptual, but from some topics numerical questions are also asked but that are also not very hard.
The chemistry syllabus for JEE main 2020 is divided into 3 sections namely inorganic, organic and physical chemistry. And the weightage of all the sections is almost same but most of the times organic chemistry has higher weightage out of the three mentioned.
Syllabus for JEE Main Chemistry 2020
- Physical Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, Atomic structure, Equilibrium, Chemical thermodynamics, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Chemical kinetics, States of matter, etc.
- Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Organic compounds containing halogens, Chemistry in everyday life, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, etc.
- Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, D – and f – block elements, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), Hydrogen, Environmental chemistry, Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, etc.
JEE MAIN CHEMISTRY Topics with higher weightage are
- Carbohydrates and Amino Acids- This is a part of organic chemistry and mostly contains reactions and their methods. The reactions are related to carbon and nitrogen family. The questions from this section are mostly reaction based and 3-4 questions can be expected from this section.
- Transition elements and coordinate chemistry- this is a part of inorganic chemistry and most of tge questions from this section are fact based. This part is related to facts of the periodic table. It is the easiest part.
- Chemical Bonding and Atomic structure- the students can expect numerical questions from this chapters and the overall hardness of the questions is not very high. Sometimes fact based questions are also asked from this topic.
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus for B.Arch
Syllabus for the drawing test in the JEE main paper 2 is given below-
- Transformation of forms and objects from 2D and 3D union
- Generation of plan
- Creating 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional compositions using given forms and shapes.
- Sketching of activities from memory of urban scenes
- Elevation of 3 dimensional views of objects after rotation
- Development of surface and volumes
Aptitude Section Syllabus for B.Arch and B.Plan Paper
Part 1- Awareness of places, person, buildings, materials, objects, texture related to architecture and building-environment. Visualizing three dimensional objects- sides and views. Analytical reasoning, mental ability both verbal and numerical.
Part 2- Three dimensional perception: understanding and appreciation of proportion and scale of objects, building forms and elements, colour, texture etc. Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes or pattern in pencil. Transformation of forms for both 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional union, rotation, subtraction, development of surface and volumes. Generation of plan, elevation, 3D view of object. Sketch of scenes and activities from memory of urban scenes such as market place, festival, street scene, monumental, landscape, rural life, etc. Creating 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional compositions using given forms and shapes.
Students can get the jee main 2020 syllabus PDF with detailed syllabus on the jee main website. Because if the student has the jee mains 2020 syllabus PDF it would be great for reference in future.
For ease we have also provided the JEE main 2020 syllabus PDF on our website. A student should download the JEE mains 2020 syllabus pdf to get the detailed information about the syllabus.