List of Topics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English – All Chapters
- HOW TO score Maximum marks in Class 12 English CBSE board exam 2021
Evans Tries an O-level Class 12 PDF CBSE NCERT Solutions English Vistas
Click here for NCERT Solutions English Evans Tries an O-level Class 12 PDF CBSE
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English – All Chapters
Class 12 English Vistas NCERT Solutions
English Class 12 Flamingo NCERT Solutions
English Class 12 Flamingo Poem Solutions NCERT
HOW TO score Maximum marks in Class 12 English CBSE board exam 2021
13 Tips you can’t ignore
Preparations are on full-swing for the board exams and irrespective of whether students belong to the Humanities, Commerce or Science stream, English is a subject that everyone has to attempt. Fortunately, if one prepares well, they can score high marks in this paper.
Students can score maximum marks in their CBSE Class 12 English paper if they follow the tips mentioned below:
- Be sure about the letter-writing and summary writing formats
Practice writing these formats repeatedly so as to write them perfectly in the exams. When writing your letter, ensure that your introduction and conclusion make a striking impression.
- Read your comprehension passage thoroughly
Before you read the comprehension passages in your CBSE Class 12 English paper, read the questions as this will help you to identify the sections containing the answers in the passage while reading.
This tip is time-saving as time is of crucial importance in an exam.
- Focus on improving your writing skills
To enhance your grammar and widen your vocabulary, get into the habit of reading the newspaper daily. It will help you to frame your sentences in a grammatically accurate manner.
- Solve sample question papers
Attempt to solve sample question papers of at least the previous five years as it will help you to get an understanding of the question paper format and the marks allotted to each section.
- Prepare notes on character sketches and central themes
In the prose or poetry section in your CBSE Class 12 English paper, it is important to prepare notes on character sketches of central characters as well as on central themes.
Also, while using quotes will help you score good marks, please do not quote if you are unsure as an incorrect quote will surely catch the attention of the examiner.
- Underline important points in your answers
In the prose and poetry section of the paper, remember to underline important points in the answer. Avoid making spelling mistakes.
A correct answer that is filled with incorrect spellings takes away from the quality of the answer.
- Selective studying is never a good idea
Give each chapter or poem its due importance. Even if you find a particular chapter quite difficult do not skip it without at least reading through it twice or thrice.
Don’t be so entirely focused on guide books that you ignore your textbooks and class notes. Give equal importance to all three study materials.
Make sure you revise every day so that you do not forget what you had studied the previous day or week.
- Time management is crucial
Decide in advance how much time you want to allot to each section in your CBSE Class 12 English paper and then time yourself accordingly while solving sample question papers.
There are students who don’t finish their papers simply because they have run out of time.
Don’t spend too much time writing very lengthy answers for questions that carry less marks. Spend that time instead on writing answers for questions that carry more marks.
- Make good choices
There are three sections in the question papers so decide wisely out of the given options which questions you are going to attempt under each section.
- Neat and legible handwriting is a must
This makes it easier for the examiner to understand what you have written and to award you better marks.
Avoid crossing word limits as it is merely a waste of time and gives a bad impression to the examiner.
- It is important to be systematic
Always attempt questions under each section in your CBSE Class 12 English paper in the correct serial order. Examiners dislike a messy answer script.
If you are unsure about a particular answer, leave that space blank and attempt to write the answer later on.
Always assign the right serial number to every answer. Making a silly mistake when numbering your answers could be a disaster.
- Pay attention while reading questions
Many students are in such a hurry to begin writing their papers that they do not understand what answer the question is demanding. Read all the questions carefully and understand what it demands and only then write down your answers.
Many students tend to write broad summaries when the answer is required should be very specific. This will prevent students from getting full marks.
- Revise before you submit your answer script
Since the paper is of 3 hours, allot 2 hours and 45 minutes for writing, the remaining 15 minutes must wisely be used for revision.
Syllabus for CBSE Class 12 English (Core) Board Exam 2021:
CBSE English Core (CODE NO. 301)
CLASS – XII 2019-20
Reading Comprehension: 20 Marks
The section A will have two passages .
- One unseen passage with a variety of Objective Type Questions, including Multiple Choice questions and Short Answer Questions to test comprehension, interpretation and inference. Vocabulary such as word formation and inference of meaning will also be tested.
The total length of the passages will be between 800 – 900 words. Five Multiple Choice type question and Seven Objective Type Questions (total 12 Marks) shall be asked from this passage. The passage will include one of the following:
(a) Factual passages, e.g., instructions, descriptions, reports.
(b) Descriptive passages involving opinion, e.g., argumentative, persuasive or interpretative text.
(c) Literary passages, e.g., extract from fiction, drama, poetry, essay or biography. B.The second passage will be of 400-500 words . Note-making and Abstraction will be assessed.
- Note making (4 Marks)
- Summary (4 Marks).
Writing Skills 30 Marks
- Advertisements and notices, designing or drafting posters, writing formal and informal invitations and replies. One question out of the two Short Answer Questions– 4 Marks
- Letters based on verbal / visual input.- One question out of the two Long Answer Questions to be answered in 120-150 words:6 Marks
Letter types include
– Business or official letters (for making enquiries, registering complaints, asking for and giving information, placing orders and sending replies)
– Letters to the editor (giving suggestions or opinion on issues of public interest) Application for a job
- Two compositions based on visual and/or verbal Input may be descriptive or argumentative in nature such as an article/a debate/ a speech or a report- Two Very Long Answer Questions containing internal choice, to be answered in 150-200 words.
Literature Textbooks 30 Marks
- Eight Objective Type Questions – 4 from one poetry and 4 from one prose extract to
test comprehension and appreciation. (8×1=8 Marks)
- Five out of Seven Short Answer Questions based on prose / drama / poetry from both
texts (5×2=10 Marks)
iii. One out of two Long Answer Questions to be answered in 120-150 words to test global comprehension and extrapolation beyond the texts. (6marks) (Flamingo)
- One out of two Long Answer Questions to be answered in 120-150 words to test global comprehension along with analysis and extrapolation.(6marks) (Vistas)
- Flamingo: English Reader published by National Council of Education Research and
Training, New Delhi
- Vistas:Supplementary Reader published by the National Council of Education Research and Training, New Delhi
|1: The Last Lesson|
2: Lost Spring
3: Deep Water
4: The Rattrap
6: Poets and Pancakes
7: The Interview
8: Going Places
|1: My Mother at Sixty Six|
2: An Elementary School Classroom in a Slum
3: Keeping Quiet
4: A Thing of Beauty
5: A Roadside Stand
6: Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers
1: The Third Level
2: The Tiger King
3: Journey to the End of the Earth
4: The Enemy
5: Should Wizard Hit Mommy
6: On the Face of It
7: Evans Tries an O-Level
8: Memories of Childhood
9: The Cutting of My Long Hair
10: We too are Human Being